Friday, November 13, 2009

THANKSGIVING

One of my absolute favorite holidays is Thanksgiving! Quite possibly it could be from all the food. Just that time of year gets to me. The leaves are all colored, apple picking, the pumpkin patch, soccer finishing up, and the annual turkey trot! Every year for the past 3 or 4 years now, I have been running in the 5k turkey trot on thanksgiving morning. I think that makes me feel a lot better that night when I am stuffing my face with turkey, mashed potatoes, stuffing, and the assortment of varies pies. Usually I have a rather different thanksgiving routine. On Wednesday night, our mom’s side would gather at my grandmother’s house and eat dinner that night. The next day (Thanksgiving) would run the 5k, and then we would drive for 3 hours in the car to New Hampshire so that we could have dinner with my dad’s side. After we ate and conversed for a while, we would wake up early the next morning and begin our Christmas shopping very early the next morning. We usually stayed in New Hampshire for a few days until we went back home and had some more turkey day leftovers.

No comments:

Post a Comment