Thursday, November 19, 2009

arttt is primme


In this artwork I think the artist’s motivation was his feelings. To me, this sculpture shows that this person was going through a rough time and needed to express or get their feelings out. The intended audience would be both little kids and adults. Little kids because the sculpture is made out of legos and legos are usually meant to be played with by little kids. But adults because it shows a form of hurt, missing or loving someone that only adults could fully understand. I think people are supposed to notice the person ripping open the chest, this because it is the center point in the picture. Also, it is a huge hole that is darker than the rest of the sculpture. I think people are not really supposed to notice the background because it is just white and boring. Using a white background makes the people observing look at the sculpture in more depth then they would if there was a background to look at. The artist used a vibrant yellow hoping to catch the looker’s eyes even if they walk by the sculpture. I’m not quite sure if there is a theme in this picture. But if I had to guess it would be that someone (the artist) is going through a rough time. I think the rough time has something to do with love; this is because the person is ripping their chest which is over their heart. So, I believe this person’s heart is hurting and/or in pain. So, they need to let their feelings out into the air and let people know how they are feeling.


No comments:

Post a Comment