Wednesday, November 18, 2009

free choice

I am going to write about Thanksgiving. Personally, I think Thanksgiving is a pretty awsome holiday. Its a time to get together with family, give thanks for your life, but must importantly, its a time to eat. A time to eat so much you will have to loosen your belt and un-button your pants. A time to eat so much, your stomach and the rest of your digestive organs will hate you for the rest of the year, and will always fear the dreadful day of thanksgiving. At my house, there isnt really a tradition or anything, but usually we just cook a bunch of foods and eat them. There is one unique dish that my mom makes, and that is pearled onions. I used to always hate those things up until a few years ago, now I think they are pretty good. I have to say my favorite food though is the yams or sweet potatoes, whatever you want to call them. They are so yummy. After that, I would have to say that I like the stuffing. I think that stuffing is actually the key to a thanksgiving meal. Just think about your thanksgiving, and picture it without stuffing. Not good right? Well the eating part of thanksgiving really is great, but the holiday actually is meaningful. To me, I just like to give thanks for my life, and try to enjoy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment