Thursday, November 19, 2009

Picasso

I do not think Picasso had a particular theme. I'm not even sure if he was mentally stable. If there was a theme it would apparently be a painting of a woman. It could even be a portrait he did for a girl in his own style. His style is called cubism, and it is a very abstract style. Picasso was the first to truly embrace this style and put his emotions into his work. I think he was tired of the same old types of paintings and decided he needed a new style. One that has never been seen before, a style that was revolutionary and bold. I honestly have no idea how in the heck he could come up with a style like cubism. It seems so random and not even thought out. Like he just started painting and was like well I guess that will work for today. I think his intended audience was people just like him, but also people who reject his ideas to prove that he can be a great artist and that just because his style is different that doesn't make it horrible.

No comments:

Post a Comment